Board of Education
The Board of Education meets under the regulations as set in the Diocesan Board Measure 1991 and agreed by Diocesan Synod.
The Board is a member of the National Society and oversees the Denominational Inspections of Church Schools within this diocese under the National Society's Framework for the Inspection of Anglican Schools. To find out more about the National Society, please click here to visit their web site.
The Diocesan Board of Education's membership is made up of:
- The Chair (Bishop of Peterborough or his nominee)
- Two members nominated by the Bishop
- Eight lay and eight clergy members as elected by the Diocesan Synod
- Eight co-opted members by agreement of the elected members.
These currently are:
- LA representatives from each Local Authority
- Chair of Governors
- Bishop's Visitor
- SIAMS Inspector
- One other