Northampton High School, Hardingstone, Northampton NN4 6UU
Parking is available at the school. Participants are asked to bring a packed lunch. Lunch can also be purchased nearby.
Booking for all workshop places is essential, they are allocated on a first come first service Basis.
One off Discipleship Event: Bishop's Bible Day
The Old Testament for the church and the world today
Saturday 18 March 2017
A day for anyone who uses the Bible in their ministry, in church, in school, at work, in the community, at home.
All are welcome - bring a group from your church.
It is very important to book for this event as the modules fill very quickly.
9:30am - 4pm at Northampton High School for Girls
Newport Pagnell Road, Northampton, NN4 6UU
Programme for the Day
|9:30am||Arrivals and Coffee|
|10:00||Welcome and Opening Worhsip|
|10:20||Address from Bishop Donald|
|2:40||Address from Bishop Donald|
|3:20||Question and Answer session|
- Chrys Tremththanmor - The Good Shepherd: How Jesus used Psalm 23 to describe himself and his mission.
- Adrian Holdstock -What can we learn from Life Coaches in the Old Testament?
- Charlie Nobbs - Old Testament Pioneers: Lessons from the life of Elisha that really help in mission today.
- Martin Gage - "My soul longs for you" - longing for God and His Help in Distrress
- Rona Orme - From Garden to City - an active look at the whole sweep of the Bible from Genesis to Revelation
- Andrew Coleby - Use of the old testament in encounters with Muslims
- Angela Hughes - Exploring the timeline of the Old Testament through storytelling
- Steve Benoy - "Will you be for me a Kingdom of Priests" (Exodus 19:6) What on earth are we here for?
- Richard Ormston - Making the connection between Old and New: When is the New more helpfully understood in the light of the old?
- Pete White - "So that you, your children, and their children after them may honour the Lord" Six easy steps to ensure the next generation stays engaged with the church.
- Becky Wills - Tea dances and Tumblr - can church be truly counter-cultural and bridge the generation divide?
- Chad Chadwick - Amnon and Tamar: Top tips for avoiding Lust and Murder in everyday life. A frank and honest reflection on handling challenging issues in discipleship and accountability.
- Miles Baker - "Let my people go!" What can the book of Exodus teach us about freedom, slavery and the shape of evangelism in the 21st century.
- Linnet Smith - Studying the Old Testament in Small Groups: for people who already a House Group or those who would like to start a House Group.
- Charlotte Nobbs - Scripture in a nut shell: Human identity, Death and Life
- Bishop John Holbrook - Friends or foes? Multiculturalism in the Old Testament: exploring the contradictory traditions of ethnic purity and being YHWH's means of saving all the nations.
- James and Georgina Quinby - The Power of the Old Testament: Stories of Bible translation in Mali.
- Barry Morrison - The prophet Joel: how deep do our reflection and penitence go?
Bookings are now being taken, please book via firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 01604 887049
The Bible day is free of charge but donations are very much appreciated from those who feel able to contribute towards the costs. These are estimated to be about £1000 (£5 per person) N.B Taxpayer may Gift Aid their contributions, forms will be available on the day and are also available to download from the Diocese of Peterborough's website.
The diary is beginning to fill up, but we would like to know what would be particularly helpful to you in your everyday Christian life.
What are your interests and passions?
What issues do you feel strongly about?
What are you wrestling with in your everyday life as a disciple?
What would help you to grow in faith and action?
We would love to hear from you – to know what sessions you would like to participate in, and what you might like to lead.
BOOKINGS FOR ALL EVENTS NOW OPEN:
To book for any event, please email email@example.com giving your name, parish, email address, tel. number, and the title of the event.
For further info: firstname.lastname@example.org
Discipleship in Action day 2017
For information on our fourth Discipleship in Action day on 10th June 2017 please click on the link below: